Saturday, June 17, 2006

Becoming Naomi Leon

I finally finished Becoming Naomi Leon. Confession time: it made my cry a little. As a young toddler, Naomi and her younger brother were abandoned by their mother who had already left their father. Owen, her brother, and Naomi were being raised by their great grandmother. Their mother suddenly comes back in their lives, insisting that at least Naomi return to her. Find out why Owen is not invited, and how the kids find their father in an effort to remain in Lemon Tree, the only home they have known with their great grandmother. It will probably make you cry or at least get a lump in your throat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Students,
I was thrilled to hear about the nomination of my book, Becoming Naomi Leon, for the South Carolina young readers' award. I hope you enjoy Naomi and Owen's wild adventures. I loved writing this book! For those who want to know...yes, I went to the Night of the Radishes. It was an exotic and mysterious experience. You can see some of my radish photos on my website. Nothing makes me happier than hearing from dedicated educators like Ms. Nelson, who are excited about books. Look for my postcard!

Your friend,
Pam Munoz Ryan
www.PamMunozRyan.com
Recent releases:
BECOMING NAOMI LEON (Scholastic)
NACHO AND LOLITA (Scholastic)
New novel coming Fall 2007

Anonymous said...

rhqIt was a goood book when naomi mom slaped naomi no the face I was sureriped when she did that.And when thay found ther father I was happy so now thay did not have to stay whith skila. So skila went to cort and wanted to see if the guge would agre with her .

--Isaiah A.

Anonymous said...

Becoming Naomi Leon was a really good book! It was sad sometimes and funny. I felt bad for Naomi ang Owen because their mother did alcohol, and she would do bad things to them. I shure wish that was not my mom!! i was glad that they got to live with their gram because if they would have lived with Skyla then they would probably have a very bad life. But this book was great and i enjoyed it a lot! By: Tanya Alley