Thursday, April 12, 2007
New Books!
I just received an email notification that our last two book orders will be shipped this week! Now I know we are on spring break, but that hopefully means by Friday they will be ready for checking out! What new books are we getting? Well, we have ordered all of our picture book and children's book nominees for the SCASL Book Award program. We have also fleshed out more of our World War II books and figurative language books--these have been requested repeatedly by our teachers. They include some 900s and biographies, as well as easy fictions to help teach figurative language. That pretty much took care of one of the book orders. The other order takes the remaining money we had left from our school budget, and combined with the "Rock Hill Reads" Literacy Walk money our school raised, we are replenishing many of our worn out but ever popular easy, beginning (Emerging) reading books. I polled both kids and teachers, and overwhelmingly, we were asked to get more Junie B. Jones, No David books (that's what the kids call them--actually they are David Shannon's books), and Froggy books--by our students. Our 1st grade teachers begged for newer, better looking Hillert books. So the 2nd order will contain these books. Students who had a book plate sent to our school in their name will be invited to the media center during this week to select from either set a book they wish to have their book plate in, and these books will be displayed for the remainder of the year for a quick check out. Oh but first, those students will be allowed to check them out for the first time. These books will be on a cart marked "brand new!" for the remainder of April for anyone who wishes to drop by and look through or check out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I ca'nt wait to see the new books. I think my granny bought one of the stickers at the school pcnic. When will I know.
Post a Comment