Okay so I read another one of those books I checked out. I really should be outside enjoying the gorgeous afternoon. Heartbeat made me feel sad, happy, envious, dumb, and strange all at one time. I could understand Annie's feelings of not knowing how to take her Mom's pregnancy. Being the age she was (twelve, I think) I would have felt similarly. I cannot imagine having a bay brother or sister at 12, but students who have this will totally understand how Annie feels. Annie is also considering new feelings for her running partner Max. A lot of different emotions to deal with in this story. I especially found the interactions with the elderly grandfather comforting. I think even as an adult, I have some of the same reactions she has to her grandfather to the elderly of my own family. Because this book is written in poetic prose, it is most definitely a QUICK read. It's really good too.
Friday, June 09, 2006
Heartbeat
Okay so I read another one of those books I checked out. I really should be outside enjoying the gorgeous afternoon. Heartbeat made me feel sad, happy, envious, dumb, and strange all at one time. I could understand Annie's feelings of not knowing how to take her Mom's pregnancy. Being the age she was (twelve, I think) I would have felt similarly. I cannot imagine having a bay brother or sister at 12, but students who have this will totally understand how Annie feels. Annie is also considering new feelings for her running partner Max. A lot of different emotions to deal with in this story. I especially found the interactions with the elderly grandfather comforting. I think even as an adult, I have some of the same reactions she has to her grandfather to the elderly of my own family. Because this book is written in poetic prose, it is most definitely a QUICK read. It's really good too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment