Friday, September 29, 2006

October Library Events - We're BUSY!

October is a very busy month for the library. We have three book brunches coming up; October 18th - 3rd Grade, 19th - 4th Grade, and 20th -5th Grade. Students who have read the current book brunch book and can demonstrate they have read it (one of six ways) will be invited. The 3rd Grade book is Mighty Jackie, the 4th Grade book is Niagara Falls, or Does It?, and the 5th Grade book is The Report Card. I know of a few 3rd graders who have read the 5th grade book too, and so I'm trying to decide if I should invite the 3rd graders to the 5th grade brunch. Students have to show they have read the book by completing one of six methods: Take an AR quiz, write a five sentence summary, visit the Book Blog and post a response, vist the online book review at the Northside Website and post a review, create an artistic scene in a diorama, or easiest, meet and tell me about the book. We'll tell everyone how many get invited.

No comments: