Monday, September 04, 2006
Lunch Book Brunch this week!
This week we will have the "book brunch" lunch meetings! I posted throughout the school using our newsletter, website, scheduled library classes, tv news program, and even making posters to display in classes about our planned lunch book brunch meetings. The first one is this Wednesday with any third graders who read Up the Learning Tree. Students could do any one of six different activities, one of them being post to this blog about that book. But as I look daily to see what is being done on the blog, I haven't had any students bite yet. Bummer. I did have around forty kids submit a short summary of the book and what they thought of it, and I'll have to check tomorrow to see if any outside that forty did one of the other five things. The six ways to get an invitiation included 1)write a short summary; 2) take an AR Quiz; 3) post to this blog; 4) post an online book review using the NS Library website; 5) create a diorama of a scene from the story for display in the library; and 6) (and the easiest) just meet with me and tell me about the book. AR has been rather unreliable lately because of network issues, so we'll have to wait and see how many get the official invite. Thursday there will be a 4th grade book bunch for The Ghost of Cutler Creek and I only know of one fourth grader who read it. I'm worried there will be no 4th graders attending. 5th Grade students have been buzzing about their book brunch title The World According to Humphrey, and many have visited asking if its in and when can they check it out. At the book brunch we will talk about the books and decide if they should get the SC Award. Of course, the election is not until mid Februrary. Well, I'll post back after the book brunch Wednesday and let anyone interested know how it went. I also plan to re-teach the concept of this blog in classes...that is evidently a need. I know I know, blogging may not be new to me, but it is new to MANY, especially teachers and students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment